Another preseason game, another up-and-down effort. The King looked both dreadful and energized during Tuesday night's game against the Clippers. Using their starters until the bitter end, the Kings needed an all-out effort in the final minutes against the Clippers' second stringers to gain the win.
Once again, Tyreke Evans provided the heroics.
Still, you have to wonder just how good or bad the Kings are going to be this season. The Maloofs had to hope the preseason would bring more buzz for the team.
With only one game remaining before the regular season, the Kings might need to re-think this whole "Here We Rise" campaign. So what were the other options?
We were lucky enough to receive a secret email containing the top 10 rejected slogans. As a public service, we offer them for your perusal...
1. We'll Stink Less.
2. Buy Us an Arena and Then We'll Talk.
3. These Aren't The Good Old Days.
4. Winning Is Not As Important As You Think.
5. Buy One Luxury Box, Get One Free.
6. We'll Win The Race -- Especially if Tyreke is Driving.
7. Eight Seed or Bust.
8. It Could Be Worse. We Could Be The Timberwolves.
9. Don't Make Us Beg.
10. Please come -- or we're gone!