Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Where have I heard this before?

From ESPN's Chad Ford when asked in a chat: What's wrong with the Kings? So much talent with so little results? Coaching?

"Not as much talent as you think. No chemistry. Way overrated front office. Evans and Cousins are good individual players, not great team players. Rest of the supporting cast has a few solid players like Landry, Casspi ... but not much else to be excited about. I know lots of people love Geoff Petrie, but I don't get what they're so excited about. Team has been terrible for a while. You're supposed to get great players with very high draft picks. Rest of his moves are pretty questionable. Since the roster has already essentially been blown up ... might be time for changes at the top."

Geoff Petrie has been exposed and the league knows it. I've always kind of wondered why Geoff Petrie wasn't pursued by other teams if his reputation was so good. Wouldn't another team throw wads of cash at him if he was a genius? But there's been not a whisper of interest in Petrie over the past 10 years.

No surprise. He ain't a genius.

Here's an even more damning fact: David Kahn, who has garned a reputation as a complete buffoon as general manager of the Timberwolves, is making Petrie look like a hack this year.

Kahn gambled on Miami's Michael Beasley and it paid off big. He chose Wes Johnson over DeMarcus Cousins in the draft and that's looking like a brilliant move. He's got Ricky Rubio coming in next year. And he's always actively looking to make moves.

Petrie is barely a blip on the trade radar.

Read my post from a week back

I'll be over here patting myself on the back.

By the way, I'm officially throwing my hat into the ring for the general manager job. I have no doubt I can do what Petrie is doing. I'm very good at standing around and looking cerebral, giving non-answers to questions, and basically just surfing the net in my office instead of actually trying to do my job.

No comments: