Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rewind: My strategy for the Maloofs from six months ago that might have saved the Kings

Okay, time to look back at a post from six months ago that proves that Kings Talking Points should have handled the arena negotiations.

I've been amazed at the panic and hair-on-fire reactions from city officials in the past week.  Could they have been that naive?  I say YES.  They just didn't get it.

Which is why the post below outlined my strategy for the Maloofs back in September.  Basically, I wanted to set off the panic early so at least the city had a shot in hell of responding in time.

The Maloofs just don't listen to me, but take a read:

http://kingstalkingpoints.blogspot.com/2010/09/grant-napear-and-mike-lamb-you-are-both.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had a geat idea back then but I believe the reality is that the Maloofs decided definitely to move in 2006 once they saw what Heather Fargo and Co. cam up with in the form of Q and R.